Sunday

Book Seventeen







[1]

LIVING AT A BAD ADDRESS


A Christmas Book


From

Leicester Kyle


Here are a few of my favourite poems from 2004. I don't think any of them have been published; they're not the sort of poems that suit literary journals and are, most of them, written from out of my own experiences and for my own purposes. I hope you enjoy them.






ON THE EPISTLE

[2]
[3]

MY FATEFUL HOUSE

[4]
[5]

THE TOWN

[6]
[7]

AT SEVENTY

[8]
[9]

SYLLABLES

[10]
[11]

SNOW AFTER RAIN

[12]
[13]

PROMENA

[14]
[15]

LETTERS FROM HOME

[16]
[17]
[18]

A COLLECTIVE TERM
FOR A NATURAL LIFE

[19]
[20]

WAITING FOR
THE C.E.O.

[21]
[22]

CHANGING PLANES

[23]
[24]
[25]

AT A DoC DINNER

[26]
[27]
[28]

SELLING DORIS

[29]
[30]

HEAD DEATH CYCLED ALONG

[31]
[32]

AND LIKE THE STARS

[33]
[34]

HE WENT THERE YAWNING

[35]
[36]






© L. Kyle 2004

Further copies of this booklet may be obtained from: L. Kyle
P.O. Box 367
Westport, Buller.
lkyle@netaccess.co.nz




Commentary & References:



To Jack,

For Christmas 2004.

Some local colour from the Coast,
by way of season's greetings.

From
Leicester.
Thanks for 'Suburban Apocalypse'
and the double-sided 'Brief'.

Do visit, if you can.






© Leicester Kyle, 2004




Editorial Note

The copytext for both facsimile and transcription is my own copy of Leicester's original photocopied text.

- Jack Ross,
Mairangi Bay, March 2012.






© Leicester Kyle Literary Estate, 2012



1 comment:

  1. Richard Taylor writes in to say (5/7/11):

    Hi Jack

    I tried to post this comment on LK's Blog under his book "Living at a Bad Address" but it kept saying I had to be a member.

    Here is my comment:

    "Some great poems here. I didn't know till after her death that his daughter had died. (I didn't know her at all, or how or why she died..) That is a moving, and almost a disturbing, poem; when he returns from her funeral. How did he get through such tragedies? In fact his book on State Houses has at one remove the fact that his parents committed suicide in that state house.

    Then his wife died of cancer, he was growing old, and then his daughter took her own life (I believe).

    He kept up an almost uncanny optimism despite so much tragedy. And he kept writing.

    Richard."

    I should add that the comments sections should now be open and available on both LK blogs ...

    ReplyDelete